This summary has been prepared for information purposes only.
Purpose of Meeting
This meeting was intended to provide Committee members with information to assist deliberations on several key issues addressed in the December 2021 Consultation Paper, and further build their understanding of Canada’s Indigenous community history and perspectives.
Summary of discussion
The Committee discussed analyses of comments received on the following topics addressed in the Consultation Paper:
- Oversight structure for standard-setting activities.
- Responsiveness of standards, including their timeliness and the extent to which they consider stakeholder input and perspectives.
- Transparency and accountability.
- Effectiveness of standard setting.
- Ethics and independence standards for assurance services.
- Other matters not addressed in the Consultation Paper and raised by respondents.
The Committee also continued its May 2022 discussions on legal structure and sustainability assurance standard setting.
Members participated in the KAIROS Blanket Exercise, an interactive and experiential teaching tool that explores the historic and contemporary relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada.
The next meeting will be held on July 27 and 28, 2022.