Get a breakdown on the basics of what the Independent Review Committee on Standard Setting in Canada is thinking when it comes to accounting and auditing standard setting, as well as what might be needed for the future – including sustainability standards.
Why watch this webinar
Watch our webinar to:
- Understand who the Committee is, and the work currently underway
- Learn about our Consultation Paper out for comment and how you can share your feedback on these key matters:
- Recommendation to establish a Canadian sustainability standards board
- Overall governance and oversight framework of the standard-setting system – including legal structure and funding
- Public interest, diversity, equity and inclusion and responsibilities to Indigenous Peoples
- Timeliness, responsiveness, and effectiveness
Interested in knowing more about sustainability key matters?
Watch our webinar, A Call for Action on Sustainability Reporting Standards, to get more insight into the Committee’s belief that a Canadian sustainability standards board is needed in light of the International Sustainability Standards Board and how a Canadian board would serve our country’s diverse economic make up.
Have your say
Respond to the Independent Review Committee on Standard Setting in Canada’s Consultation Paper by March 31, 2022.
Whom you’ll hear from
Edward J. Waitzer, Chair